- A recognized undergraduate degree (a first degree in Theology is not necessary)
- A TOEFL score for non-native English speakers. The requirement may normally be met with a score of 575 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or 230 on the computer based TOEFL or 88 on the internet-based TOEFL. Applicants who have earned a first degree taught entirely in the English language may apply for exemption from the TOEFL even if English is not their native language. Appropriate proof of eligibility needs to be submitted with the application.
- A demonstrated level of competency in Modern Standard Arabic for native Arabic speakers.
- A completed application form (please refer to the Admissions Checklist to make sure you have submitted all necessary documents, preferably together at one time).
- 3 – 5 years of post-undergraduate work and/or ministry experience preferred.
Admissions Calendar (2014-2016 cycle)
|Application Deadline||Last Date for Registration||Payment Due||Add/Drop Deadline|
|MENA Islam||Friday June 13, 2014||Monday Sept 15, 2014||Monday Oct 13, 2014||Friday Oct 24, 2014|
|MENA History, Politics, and Economics||Monday Dec 8, 2014||Friday March 6, 2015||Monday April 6, 2015||Friday April 17, 2015|
|MENA Christianity||Friday June 12, 2015||Monday Sept 14, 2015||Monday Oct 12, 2015||Friday Oct 23, 2015|
|MENA Cultures||Monday Dec 7, 2016||Friday March 11, 2016||Monday April 11, 2016||Friday April 22, 2016|
- The deadline for new applications is 4 months before the start of the initial module. A student who desires to apply after this deadline must pay a $25 late application fee. Applications will stop being accepted 1 month before the start of the pre-residency portion of the module.
- Notification of acceptance to the program will be by 2 months before the start of the first module intended to be taken.
- Last date for registration for any module is 1 month before the start of the pre-residency portion of that module. A student who desires to register after this deadline must pay a $25 late registration fee. Registration will be closed one week before the start of the pre-residency portion of the module.
- The deadline for payment of a module is due by the first day of the pre-residency portion of that module. If payment has not been received by the end of the first week of the pre-residency portion of any module the student will automatically be dropped from the module.
- Induction Modules begin one week prior to the Pre-Residency portion of any given module.
- The deadline for dropping a module is 2 weeks into the pre-residency portion of that module. If dropped within this period, the student will receive an 80% refund of the module fee.
- MRel Admissions Checklist
- MRel Application Form
- MRel Recommendation Form
- MRel Application for Financial Aid
For additional information, please write to: MRel@abtslebanon.org.
Submit completed application materials to: Admission@abtslebanon.org.
 In the case that a student has already paid their fees and would like to drop a module before the pre-residency portion begins, this student will receive a 95% refund of the module fee. (5% accounts for administrative fees).